[PC-BSD Public] UFS+SUJ or ZFS? (9.0)

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Sun Jan 23 05:17:42 PST 2011

Hello!

What would be more appropriate file system on the dsktop: UFS+SUJ or
ZFS?

On Linux I use ext4 on two 1TB hard disks working in radi-1 array
under LVM2. I use machine as typical desktop with the constant need to
do video-editing which involves handling raw video archives in the
range of 10-30GBs.

My primary concern is stability of data along with easier admin when
resizing partitions/slices. (lvm2+raid admin on Linux it not so
straightforward)

I have x86_64 (i7 cpu) system with 8GB of RAM and yesterday installed
9.0 snapshot under vbox, but would like to test PCBSD-9 on a real
hardware...

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: CDBF17CA