[PC-BSD Public] Best BSD ever

Nataraj S Narayan natarajsn at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 21:00:38 PST 2011

Hi

I am on a Toshiba Satellite L310, dual boot with Windows and PCBD.

Till date PCBSD is the coolest install and usage for me, among BSDs.
So much addicted in using always. Can't keep my hands off the laptop.

Also, getting my wife and mom, windows addicts into PCBSD, unknown to
them, They don't have a clue why this new thingy loads fast and them
are able to get into the browser rather at insane speeds.

As a power user/ developer of embedded Arm gadgets, I was a little
weary about trying out another BSD. I had been using Netbsd, Freebsd
8.2 rel, Dragonflybsd, all of them had been giving issues with msk,
iwn and acpi drivers. I couldn't get them working together, need
always to have acpi off.

But now on FreeBSD pcbsd-7344 9.0-RC2 FreeBSD 9.0-RC2, nothing could
be better for prolonged usage.

OpenOCD is working like a song over my jlink jtag connected to an Arm
board. One issue is that linux software from JLink segger, the Jlink
gdb server  doesn't detect the usb jlink , despite my copying
libusb-0.1.so.4.4.4 from a gentoo.

Well that one, I need to ask the support lost or irc.

Kudos for the PCBSD team!

Warm regards

Nataraj S Narayan