[PC-BSD Public] Fwd: Public Apology to Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew and Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, Singapore

Jules Gilbert jules.stocks at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 22:38:26 PDT 2011

Actually I would like to apologize.  It wasn't Teo, it was me.

And something else too.  If he had actually done something wrong,
that would be fine, then make an example of him.  Make his life
miserable.

But Minister Yew, you should know that people in public life are
frequently the target of such talk.  Our societies are not perfect
and sometimes it helps to just speak up a little.  That's what Ming
did.  I'm not saying he was right, I'm saying that he's human and
imperfect -- but what you're doing is showing that you're pretty
imperfect too.

If he had actually been offensive, well then, you'd be justified to
cause him this embarrassment.  But what most of us think, seeing
this, we're not likely to want to visit your country anytime soon.
It's not that we like hooligans, we don't. but their is a certain
price to be paid when someone goes into public life.  Sometimes
people like Ming are wrong, that's certainly true.  But in this case
what you're making him go through simply makes all of Singapore look
like a good place to avoid.

Begin forwarded message: