[PC-BSD Public] basic questions

Paul Cartwright paul at pcartwright.com
Sun Nov 29 15:21:46 PST 2009

hello,
I just joined this group, after I installed PCBSd 7.1.1 on my 3 year-old Dell
laptop.
my desktop is Debian linux, but I'm used to using gnome desktop.
I screwed up my desktop a little, and I'm not sure how to fix it. I removed
the application launcher ( the little red flame thingie), and when I added it
back, it showed up way over on the far right-hand side of the system tray.
I'd rather it be back on the left, but I can't fiure out how to move it.

when I had linux installed on the laptop I could suspend/hibernate linux, but
I don't see that option from the menus. Is it available?

I see Freebsd 8.0 is out, but I don't see any info on the PCBSD site about
beta releases/ISOs... but there is a testing group, so I assume there will be
a new version related to Freebsd 8.0 sometime? maybe?

I already setup Kontact, pulled in my addressbook from my desktop, and even
added my RSS feeds.. I like the newer Kontact!
--
Paul Cartwright