[PC-BSD Public] iwn(4) for 4965AGN on Lenovo T61 for PC-BSD?

Sam Fourman Jr. sfourman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 12:15:47 PST 2009

> Jeremy,
>
> I'm not sure, has 8-Current been updated to support that chipset yet? If
> so, maybe we can get it MFC into 7-STABLE, which could be included in
> PC-BSD 7.1

Kris,

it is working in 8-CURRENT I have been using it for *almost* a year
now it was committed april 2008
i use it on my notebook and it works GOOD, infact lack of a iwn driver
is the ONLY reason i don't run PC-BSD on my notebook and opt for
-CURRENT instead

when I attended BSDCan last may Sam Leffler had a wireless talk he
said it would be hard to "backport" it to 7.x
due to the fact that iwn was written for vap witch exist only in 8.
also Sam said that time did not permit a backport of vap to 7.x

however I have seen a BUNCH of commits to perforce by sam recently
under a directory /projects/vap7/sys/*
 i found it here http://www.secnetix.de/olli/FreeBSD/svnews/

This would lead me to believe that maybe someone sponsored, a backport
of vap to 7.x, but even if that was true it is probally too late in
PC-BSD's 7.1 release cycle
to import vap....

Sam Fourman Jr.
Fourman Networks