[PC-BSD Public] pcbsd and qemu

Rance Hall ranceh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 13:29:43 PDT 2008

I want to convert my development box to pcbsd, ive actually been
wanting to switch to an all bsd shop for quite some time, but have
been unable to do so for two main reasons.

1) on my desktop, I need a way to get qemu to run with the accelerator
kernel module installed and with the qemu vm able to directly access
the internet so that I can test tftp setups etc from the desktop
machine.

Ive read tutorial after tutorial designed to get freebsd to a state
where this is allowed, but ive not been successful, has anyone been
able to get this to work and if so, is there documentation I can look
at.

2) on my servers my firewall script needs completely rewritten to
support the differences between iptables and the firewalls available
on freebsd/pcbsd

I can fix 2 when I get the time to sit down and actually do it.

but I need help with 1 and the network configuration to allow qemu
based vms to access the net the way I want.