[PCBSD-malaysia] Fwd: BSD: New Issue of BSD Magazine is out! BSD's and Solaris

Mohd Fazli Azran mfazliazran at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 18:47:54 PST 2011

Download now!!!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: BSD Magazine
Date: Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 12:02 AM
Subject: BSD: New Issue of BSD Magazine is out! BSD's and Solaris
To: mfazliazran at gmail.com

   [image: BSD]

*New Issue of BSD Magazine is out!
BSD's and Solaris (01/2011) *

Dear Readers!
January issue is out!
We begin from digging deeper into Rob Somerville's series of Drupal articles
- Part 3.
As usual "How To's" section ofers us lots of useful tutorials and ideas -
like for example using BSD for making USB stick, or setup a mail MX server.
In "Let's Talk" we can find the main article written by Petr Topiarz, and
after that get a bit less serious with Sufyan :).
I believe you will find this issue a promising start into 2011. Please mail
us with your feedback - we're always interested in your opinions regarding
the magazine.

[image: cover]<http://mytalkoot.com/12all/lt.php?c=1027&m=620&nl=2&s=2adcea1421dbf5c64f2b91d02b75019c&lid=28432&l=-http--bsdmag.org/magazine/1627-bsds-and-solaris>
*Drupal on FreeBSD - part 3*
*Rob Somerville*
Continuing the series on the Drupal Content Management System, we will look
at creating a store front for our new website using CCK and Views.

*Email MX server in FreeBSD - Confguring FreeBSD as a mail MX server with
Postfx*
*Francisco Reyes*
This is a tutorial on how to setup a mail MX server using Postfix.

*Installing NGINX and PHP 5.3.x on FreeBSD 8.1***
*Diego Montalvo*
Have been using Apache as my default web server on FreeBSD servers since
departing from IIS 4.0 and NT systems in 1999. Apache has always performed
great on my installations and give the Apache Foundation great praise.

*Text Terminal magic with tmux*
*Girish Venkatachalam*
Once you get used to something you seldom like to go back to old ways. So
much so that you get uncomfortable without it.

*Writing 'bots using XMPP*
*Eric Schnoebelen*
One of my favorite topics, using XMPP/Jabber for productive, real world
applications!

*How to quickly make a bootable USB stick with FreeBSD*
*Juraj Sipos*
This article covers the steps needed to make a bootable USB stick with
FreeBSD - a quick howto that also applies to a USB drive.

*FreeBSD and simple char device driver for real PCI-hardware*
*Anton Borisov*
The FreeBSD operating system captivates the hearts and minds of it's fans so
much, that finds it's way in very diversive industries such as hosting
projects and backbone routers. It can run on small embedded devices, as well
as on large, multi-core systems.

*BSD's and Solaris on the Desktop. Are they ready to serve?*
*Petr Topiarz*
As I am a great unix fan, I use BSD daily, but I mainly use the beast on the
servers. In my company, we run Linux on Desktops and I would like to change
that too. Therefore I underwent this venture in order to see whether Unix is
ready to replace Linux on the desktop or not.

*Games Geeks Play!*
*Sufyan ibn Uzayr*
In this article, we explore the various gaming options available for the BSD
users.

*Why can't offce employees get along with open source offce suites?*
*Joshua Ebarvia*
I have been working for 6 years now in an office setting. Since the
organization I work for does not have that "big" funds for purchasing
bleeding-edge software, we put our hands on some open source counterparts of
the proprietary ones.

* Link to download 01/2011:
http://bsdmag.org/<http://mytalkoot.com/12all/lt.php?c=1027&m=620&nl=2&s=2adcea1421dbf5c64f2b91d02b75019c&lid=28432&l=-http--bsdmag.org/magazine/1627-bsds-and-solaris>
*

Best regards,
BSD Magazine Team
www.bsdmag.org<http://mytalkoot.com/12all/lt.php?c=1027&m=620&nl=2&s=2adcea1421dbf5c64f2b91d02b75019c&lid=28433&l=-http--www.bsdmag.org>

Zbigniew Puchciński
zbigniew.puchcinski at bsdmag.org

Copyright (c) Software Press Sp. Z o.o. Spółka Komandytowa
Email marketing by
<http://mytalkoot.com/12all/lt.php?c=1027&m=620&nl=2&s=2adcea1421dbf5c64f2b91d02b75019c&lid=28434&l=-http--www.activecampaign.com/email-marketing/>