[PCBSD-malaysia] Fwd: [PC-BSD Testing] 8-Stable Snapshot

Ahmad Arafat Abdullah trunasuci at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 18:45:47 PDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org>
Date: Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 3:33 AM
Subject: [PC-BSD Testing] 8-Stable Snapshot
To: "testing at lists.pcbsd.org" <testing at lists.pcbsd.org>

Our first PC-BSD 8-Stable snapshot is now ready for testing / inspection on
i386 & amd64:

ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/snapshots/8/

In the upcoming months I'm going to try and get out a stable snapshot on a
bi-weekly basis or so. This will let us do advanced testing on new features
of PC-BSD, as well as try the latest ports tree and FreeBSD base system to
locate and fix bugs relating to them all.

Please feel free to give them a whirl, and report back with any issues
found. If you want to take a look at features we are working on
and their status please refer to the wiki page below:

http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/PC-BSD_8.1_TODO

Thanks everybody!

# uname -a
NetBSD  5.0 NetBSD 5.0 (GENERIC) #0: Sun Apr 26 18:50:08 UTC 2009
 builds at b6.netbsd.org:/home/builds/ab/netbsd-5-0-RELEASE/i386/200904260229Z-obj/home/builds/ab/netbsd-5-0-RELEASE/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC
i386