[PCBSD-malaysia] Fwd: [PC-BSD Testing] New NVidia drivers out: 256.35
Ahmad Arafat Abdullah
trunasuci at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 22:19:12 PDT 2010
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Arthur <A-Koziol at neiu.edu>
Date: Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 9:26 AM
Subject: [PC-BSD Testing] New NVidia drivers out: 256.35
To: PC-BSD Testing list <testing at lists.pcbsd.org>
No legacy updates though.
- Fixed a regression in 256.29 where Performance Level clock frequencies
were reported incorrectly in nvidia-settings.
- Fixed a 3D Vision Stereo bug that caused the stereo glasses to not
toggle when the flat panel was not running at its native mode timings.
- Fixed a bug that caused nvidia-settings to crash when rendering its
thermal gauge widget if the range of valid values for the thermal sensor was
- Fixed a bug which prevented use of high performance PowerMizer levels
on systems with certain ACPI configurations.
- Fixed a bug that caused non-primary Fermi GPUs to fail to initialize
framebuffer memory. This caused a variety of symptoms, up to and including
- Added unofficial GLX protocol support (i.e., for GLX indirect
rendering) for the following OpenGL extensions:
GL_ARB_sample_shading GL_ARB_timer_query GL_EXT_draw_buffers2
- Improved Thermal Settings reporting in nvidia-settings to accurately
reflect hardware configurations with multiple thermalsensors.
- Fixed an interaction problem between Compiz and'screen-scraping' VNC
servers like x11vnc and vino that caused the screento stop updating. Fixes
Launchpad bug #353126.
- Enhanced VDPAU to add basic support for Xinerama. VDPAU will now
operate on a single physical X screen under Xinerama. See theREADME for more
- Enhanced VDPAU's handling of corrupt clips of all formats on GPUs with
VDPAU feature set C to be at least as good as on GPUs with VDPAU feature set
B. This significantly improves various clips provided by nvnews.net user
- Fixed a bug in Xv attribute handling that caused hue, saturation,
brightness, and contrast values to be misapplied when using an Xv overlay
- Fixed a bug in the XvMC driver that prevented it from working on
systems with AGP graphics cards.
- Enhanced VDPAU to clear all VdpVideoSurfaces to black when
allocated.This provides more consistent results when using a surface as a
reference when no prior decode operation has written to that surface.In
turn, this improves the results of decoding some corrupt streams,such as
"p_only_no_play" from ffmpeg bug 1124.
- Implemented new APIs to allow sharing VDPAU surfaces with OpenGL and
CUDA. The OpenGL extension is GL_NV_vdpau_interop. For CUDA, please see the
documentation in the CUDA toolkit for details.
- Worked around a bug where the combination of a GPU with VDPAU feature
set A together with specific motherboard chipsets could cause visible
corruption when decoding some MPEG-2 streams
- Fixed a bug that prevented the VDPAU overlay-based presentation queue
from being used more than a few hundred times per X server invocation.
- Renamed the driver file libGLcore.so.VERSION to
libnvidia-glcore.so.VERSION, as a small step towards reducing the filename
collisions between NVIDIA's and MESA's OpenGL implementations.This driver
file is used by NVIDIA's libGL.so and libglx.so, and should never be used
directly by applications.
- Compressed the nvidia-settings, nvidia-installer, and nvidia-xconfig
tarballs with bzip2, rather than gzip.
Testing mailing list
Testing at lists.pcbsd.org
$ uname -a
NetBSD 5.0.2 NetBSD 5.0.2 (GENERIC) #0: Sat Feb 6 17:53:27 UTC 2010
builds at b7.netbsd.org:/home/builds/ab/netbsd-5-0-2-RELEASE/i386/201002061851Z-obj/home/builds/ab/netbsd-5-0-2-RELEASE/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the PCBSD-malaysia