[PCBSD-malaysia] let's discuss everyone!

Ahmad Arafat Abdullah trunasuci at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 08:33:14 PST 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 8:54 AM, Harisfazillah Jamel <
linuxmalaysia at gmail.com> wrote:

> Assalamualaikum and salam sejahtera,
>
> On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 4:31 AM, Ahmad Arafat Abdullah
> <trunasuci at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hie all..
> >
> > just want to point out my ideas..
> >
> > i think we have lots of potential people around us, but rather than being
> > user and "leech", i think we as pcbsd.my group can contribute something
> and
> > mark our existance in BSD's world map..
> >

> > 1- docs - we can create docs/translate existing docs, about anything,
> > related to BSD so the mail of something like this we sould tag it as [
> > docs/how-to ]
> >

> We can use Wikidot and knol.google.com as our docs server. To have our
> own server will cost us and this will take our time.
>
> http://www.wikidot.com/
>
> or
>
> http://knol.google.com/
>

> > 2- translation - same as above, we need a translation team, do some
> > translation work based on your freetime, a group of enthusiast or teacher
> is
> > good - label it as [ translations ]
> >

> Ubuntu-my team is doing the translation. Most of the application
> translate are shared in PCBSD. We need to sync with them to avoid
> duplication of work. We can share PO files between team and coordinate
> translation works.

*oic bro Haris;

sorry,
what i mean is PCBSD OS translation itself, using pootle :)*

> > 3- bugs/hardware compatility - some of us test on something, it may work,
> it
> > may not - just share among us - label it as [ hardware/bugs ]
> >
> > anyone can suggest other thing, so we can share it here..
> >

> Long term plan, we work with OSDC.my to have hardware labs that can be
> used by FreeBSD / PCBSD community and also other OSS community to test
> and benchmark hardware.
>

> > any of this work, we'll submit to PCBSD.org, and hope some of our work
> will
> > be published there..
> >
> > some of this work will be updated to pcbsd.my web page, still under
> > construction..
> >

> > just my idea...
> >

> --
> My Facebook
> http://www.facebook.com/linuxmalaysia
>
> My Blog
> http://blog.harisfazillah.info/
>
> My Network
> http://linuxdotmy.multiply.com/

# uname -a
NetBSD  5.0 NetBSD 5.0 (GENERIC) #0: Sun Apr 26 18:50:08 UTC 2009
 builds at b6.netbsd.org:/home/builds/ab/netbsd-5-0-RELEASE/i386/200904260229Z-obj/home/builds/ab/netbsd-5-0-RELEASE/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC
i386