[PCBSD-malaysia] let's discuss everyone!

Harisfazillah Jamel linuxmalaysia at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 16:54:05 PST 2009

Assalamualaikum and salam sejahtera,

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 4:31 AM, Ahmad Arafat Abdullah
<trunasuci at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hie all..
>
> just want to point out my ideas..
>
> i think we have lots of potential people around us, but rather than being a
> user and "leech", i think we as pcbsd.my group can contribute something and
> mark our existance in BSD's world map..
>

> 1- docs - we can create docs/translate existing docs, about anything,
> related to BSD so the mail of something like this we sould tag it as [
> docs/how-to ]

We can use Wikidot and knol.google.com as our docs server. To have our
own server will cost us and this will take our time.

http://www.wikidot.com/

or

http://knol.google.com/

> 2- translation - same as above, we need a translation team, do some
> translation work based on your freetime, a group of enthusiast or teacher is
> good - label it as [ translations ]

Ubuntu-my team is doing the translation. Most of the application
translate are shared in PCBSD. We need to sync with them to avoid
duplication of work. We can share PO files between team and coordinate
translation works.

> 3- bugs/hardware compatility - some of us test on something, it may work, it
> may not - just share among us - label it as [ hardware/bugs ]
>
> anyone can suggest other thing, so we can share it here..

Long term plan, we work with OSDC.my to have hardware labs that can be
used by FreeBSD / PCBSD community and also other OSS community to test
and benchmark hardware.

--
My Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/linuxmalaysia