[PCBSD-malaysia] Fwd: [Fwd: Invitation to Information Security Professionals Networking]

Muhammad Najmi Ahmad Zabidi najmi.zabidi at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 07:41:43 PST 2009

Subject: Invitation to Information Security Professionals Networking
From:    "Maslina Daud" <maslina at cybersecurity.my>

Dear WG1 members,
It is my pleasure to bring to you all attention that CyberSecurity
Malaysia will organize the Information Security Professionals Networking
Event on the 30th. Nov 2009; in conjunction with the World Computer
Security Day 2009 (WCSD). Our theme is "Shifting Cyber Landscape; Gearing
towards Innovation". The main objective is to provide Information Security
practitioners an avenue to collaborate & sharing knowledge, enabling them
to keep abreast with the latest industry trends and development. It is
also a platform for strengthening the ability to protect information
assets from the ever-changing cyber threat vectors. We plan to organize
such event next year on a monthly basis; to move in-line with the growth
of information security sector in Malaysia.
With such event in place, we will actively promote the registration of
Malaysia’s information security professionals, capture their interest,
needs etc. At the same time, we will assist in bridging information
security initiatives between private & government sectors as well as to
install & ingrain about the important of Information Security to
individuals & businesses.
We will also take this opportunity to introduce the Malaysia Information
Technology Security Association (MITSA) & conduct the first membership
drive on that day.
Please convey this invitation to your contacts, friends, IT professionals,
business associates and companies that you know off. Invite them to join,
share knowledge and network. Tell them about this event and our initiative
to bridge the community regularly. We will  offer  the best possible
solutions and services that map to their needs and interest while
leveraging on each other strength for the betterment of our nation. Please
invite them to register at
http://www.cybersecurity.my/membership/index.html.

The latest tentative agenda as below:
InfoSecurity Professionals Networking
3:00pm to 6:00pm
30th. November 2009, Royale Chulan, Kuala Lumpur
 Theme “Shifting Cyber Landscape; Gearing Towards Innovation”

2:30 - 3:00pmRegistration
3:00 - 3:15pmOpening Remarks:
Introduction to Cyber Security Malaysia & Society of Information Security
Professionals
By Lt. Col(R) Husin Jazri, CEO of CyberSecurity Malaysia
3:15 - 3:45pm
Presentation1:
Speaker: Mr. Prinya Hom-anek, ACIS Thailand

3:45 - 4:30pmPresentation 2: “Trends in Cybercrime and Malicious
Internet Activity”
Speaker: Mr. Ryan Connolly, Team Cymru
4:30 - 5:15pmPresentation 3
Speaker: Prof. Corey Shou, University Professor of Information Systems,
Associate Dean College of Business, Idaho State University
5:15 - 5:30pmPanel Discussions
5:30pmNetworking Hi-tea

Please register your interest at
http://www.cybersecurity.my/membership/index.html. We will contact you
soonest possible.
Thanks and have a nice day.

Maslina Daud
Head, Security Management and Best Practices

CyberSecurity Malaysia
An Agency Under the Ministry of Science, Technology & Innovation (MOSTI)
DL   :     +603 8946 0809
F     :     +603 8941 3999
M    :     +6012 324 3592
Email:     maslina at cybersecurity.my