[PCBSD-malaysia] Fwd: [PC-BSD Testing] New Alpha up!

Ahmad Arafat Abdullah trunasuci at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 13:11:57 PST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org>
Date: Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 4:15 AM
Subject: [PC-BSD Testing] New Alpha up!
To: testing at lists.pcbsd.org

Everybody,

Another alpha has been uploaded to the usual testing site:

ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/alpha-iso/

This build is done off of FreeBSD 8.0-RC2, so feel free to give it a whirl
and
see if things work better on any systems having hardware issues. Also, we've
started
adding our themes for the desktop now, so you can get a sneak peek at it, as
well
as the usual bugfixes, etc.

I'm working like crazy on our new installer backend right now, trying to get
it
wrapped up and working properly, so we can chuck the old one and begin
seriously
testing all its new features, so if I take a while to respond to requests
please
forgive me :)

# uname -a
NetBSD  5.0 NetBSD 5.0 (GENERIC) #0: Sun Apr 26 18:50:08 UTC 2009
 builds at b6.netbsd.org:/home/builds/ab/netbsd-5-0-RELEASE/i386/200904260229Z-obj/home/builds/ab/netbsd-5-0-RELEASE/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC
i386