[PCBSD-malaysia] PBI installer on PC-BSD

Ahmad Arafat Abdullah trunasuci at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 23:46:39 PDT 2009

Salam bro mnajem;

ada cara lain selain dr ports install

1- build our own pbi.. seksa sikit makan masa tp ramaui org boleh guna
pasni.. I'm doing it now.. tgh download pbibuilders..

2- guna pkg_add ( precompile binaries, mcm apt-get, yum etc )

as root, issue command pkg_add -r kpdftool

[root at pcbsd]/usr/ports(4)# pkg_add -r kpdftool

sampai habis..

boleh check repo kat sini:

now i"m downloading pbibuilders, and will start doing pbi for this..

let's do this everyone! :)

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Muhammad Najmi Ahmad Zabidi <
najmi.zabidi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Salam everyone
> I did installed PCBSD last week and managed to get it run on my old box.
> Some of the documented experience
> http://elhilal.blogspot.com/2009/06/tips-pcbsd-dapat-2-dvd-free-pcbsd-masa.html
> I realized that PBI manager in PCBSD did not provide PBI package for KPDF.
> Where should I get this?
> I don't want to do portinstall.. it will take years!
> Help me since I'm just PCBSD n00b!
> --
> http://staff.iiu.edu.my/najmi

# uname -a
NetBSD  5.0 NetBSD 5.0 (GENERIC) #0: Sun Apr 26 18:50:08 UTC 2009
 builds at b6.netbsd.org:/home/builds/ab/netbsd-5-0-RELEASE/i386/200904260229Z-obj/home/builds/ab/netbsd-5-0-RELEASE/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC