[PCBSD-malaysia] Fwd: [PC-BSD Testing] Alpha 12152009 Up!

Ahmad Arafat Abdullah trunasuci at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 13:53:15 PST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org>
Date: Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:22 PM
Subject: [PC-BSD Testing] Alpha 12152009 Up!
To: testing at lists.pcbsd.org

Everybody,

Thank you so much for your continual testing of these PC-BSD 8.0 Alphas!
I've just uploaded build 12152009,
which I'm hoping will be the last Alpha release before we move to a regular
public Beta. I've fixed
many of the reported issues for this alpha including:

* Non-working Flash support
* Fixed nvidia driver conflict with "powerd"
* Fixed installing to "free" space on a partition
* Added details button to failure notification of install, along with
ability to generate
  an error report, and optionally mail it off the system.
* Cosmetic fixes to SysInstaller
* Includes some additional optional PBI components, such as FF, K3B and
Amarok, the full set will
  be available in the beta, after the build server finished churning them
out.

A few of the issues reported in the past day or so are fixed in SVN, and
will be in the beta, such as:

* Missing /media folder
* Hiding the "auto-login user" button when installing FreeBSD
* Skip of integrity check when doing LIVE mode

In order to prep us to go to public beta, please beat up the installer as
much as possible, I would like to
fix as many bugs in it as we can. I'm still aware of some bugs relating to
the KDE install and will work
on those during the beta cycle.

Thanks!!

Download URL:

ftp://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/alpha-iso/

# uname -a
NetBSD  5.0 NetBSD 5.0 (GENERIC) #0: Sun Apr 26 18:50:08 UTC 2009
 builds at b6.netbsd.org:/home/builds/ab/netbsd-5-0-RELEASE/i386/200904260229Z-obj/home/builds/ab/netbsd-5-0-RELEASE/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC
i386