[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] gnumeric PBI can't save settings

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Wed Feb 19 05:10:40 PST 2014

Hello!

I've noticed that Gnumeric PBI does not save my settings to not use
compress for its files (which I keep uncompressed under Fossil DVCS) and
wondered what is the problem.

Running Gnumeric from console explains it:

GLib-GIO-Message: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend.  Your settings
will not be saved or shared with other applications.

It does not happen neither with port version - all options OFF - nor
with pkg, so it seems it's due to PBI and isolated environment not
having access to 'global' dconf database?

In #gnumeric I'm told that dconf server is required, but I see that
dconf-service is running, but, probably, Gnumeric PBI can't access it?

One suggestion I got is to use:

--with-config-backend=keyfile

option for goffice build.

Any idea how to fix PBI to provide proper features?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Whatever action a great man performs, common men follow. And
whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues.