[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Netbeans 7.4

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Wed Nov 13 11:55:55 PST 2013

On 11/11/2013 12:02, Fabrizio Parrella wrote:
> PC-BSD 9.1 64
>
> I just installed the new Netbeans 7.4 and it works great except the
> subversion.
>
> I cannot figure out a way to start netbeans with a specific parameter
> that speedup subversions.
>
> In the past I used to simply follow those commands:
>
> cd /usr/pbi/netbeans-amd64/.sbin
>
> <NOW LOGIN AS THE USER THAT INSTALLED NETBEANS (ls -l to see it)>
>
> mv netbeans-7.3 netbeans-7.3.bin
> echo "/usr/pbi/netbeans-amd64/.sbin/netbeans-7.3.bin -J-Dnetbeans.subversion.commit.deepStatusRefresh=false" > netbeans-7.3
> chmod +x netbeans-7.3
> mv netbeans-7.3.pbiopt netbeans-7.3.bin.pbiopt
>
> mv netbeans netbeans.bin
> echo "/usr/pbi/netbeans-amd64/.sbin/netbeans.bin -J-Dnetbeans.subversion.commit.deepStatusRefresh=false" > netbeans
> chmod +x netbeans
> mv netbeans.pbiopt netbeans.bin.pbiopt
>
> I tried to adapt it to netbeans 7.4 but it completely broke netbeans
> and even renaming the files back it doesn't work (I am getting the
> following error:
> /usr/pbi/netbeans-amd64/openjdk7/jre/lib/amd64/libsplashscreen.so:
> Undefined symbol "libiconv_open"  - netbeans.sh doesn't give any
> error.  uninstalling and reinstalling does not fix the problem and
> even removing ~/.netbeans fixes it)
>
> mv netbeans-7.4 netbeans-7.4.bin
> echo "/usr/pbi/netbeans-amd64/.sbin/netbeans-7.4.bin
> -J-Dnetbeans.subversion.commit.deepStatusRefresh=false" > netbeans-7.4
> chmod +x netbeans-7.4
> mv netbeans-7.4.pbiopt netbeans-7.4.bin.pbiopt
>
> mv netbeans netbeans.bin
> echo "/usr/pbi/netbeans-amd64/.sbin/netbeans.bin
> -J-Dnetbeans.subversion.commit.deepStatusRefresh=false" > netbeans
> chmod +x netbeans
> mv netbeans.pbiopt netbeans.bin.pbiopt
>
> mv netbeans.sh netbeans.sh.bin
> echo "/usr/pbi/netbeans-amd64/.sbin/netbeans.sh.bin
> -J-Dnetbeans.subversion.commit.deepStatusRefresh=false" > netbeans.sh
> chmod +x netbeans.sh
> mv netbeans.sh.pbiopt netbeans.sh.bin.pbiopt
>
> Any help would be appreciate or any way to make it easy to add
> commands to netbeans woudl be great.  Maybe create a wrapper around it
> that everybody can edit and add commands to execute. I.E.:
>  - only have one executable (not need for 3 of them)
>  - create a netbeans.sh that points to netbeans that can be edited as
> needed
>
> Thank you
>
> Fabry

Sorry for the late reply, we are swamped here with trying to get the
10.x PBI's out the door.

With the new netbeans PBI's there should already be a
<pbi-dir>/bin/netbeans.sh (and the associated <pbi-dir>/.sbin/ entries
for it) that the PBI comes with by default. This includes the
"-J-Dnetbeans.subversion.commit.deepstatusRefresh=false" option in the
startup line, so you might just want to run it instead of using your
custom script. If you want to add additional flags to the netbeans
startup command, you should just be able to edit
<pbi-dir>/bin/netbeans.sh and add those flags to the command fairly
easily since all the PBI-specific stuff is already finished for you.

Try removing/reinstalling the netbeans PBI and take a look at that
script to see if it will work for you!