[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] status of Minitube-2.0 PBI

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Mon Nov 11 12:37:11 PST 2013

On 11/10/2013 11:09, Seth wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Nov 2013 07:35:23 -0800, Ken Moore <ken at pcbsd.org> wrote:
>> I have found that a virtualbox VM is the easiest way to create a PBI
>> testing environment, simply because setting up all the X-forwarding
>> and such within a jail is not so trivial (and to ensure a completely
>> clean environment is also non-trivial for a portjail).
>
> Thanks. I created a PCBSD Virtualbox test machine with only OpenBox as
> the desktop. I also applied the latest system and package updates and
> then saved this as a VirtualBox snapshot to create a baseline.
>
> Then I downloaded and manually installed the Minitube-2.0 x64 PBI. Ran
> this three times and it is not stable. Crashed the first two times,
> then hung on the third.
>
> I have some console window output, what other information would be
> helpful to gather for debugging purposes?

If you want to try and track down how to fix the error I would start
with these two checks first:

1) Make sure the standard FreeBSD package works, otherwise it is a
problem in either the porting process or the application code itself and
you will want to talk to the port maintainer to try and track down the
issues.

2) If the standard package works, then it is definatly something in the
PBI format that is the issue, and we need to move on to the 10.x PBI and
see if that works. There have been a significant number of improvements
to the PBI format, so the issue(s) might already be fixed with the new
code. (I am going to test this soon for you, since I am already setup
for it).