[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Netbeans 7.4

Fabrizio Parrella fabrizio at bibivu.com
Mon Nov 11 09:02:42 PST 2013

PC-BSD 9.1 64

I just installed the new Netbeans 7.4 and it works great except the
subversion.

I cannot figure out a way to start netbeans with a specific parameter
that speedup subversions.

In the past I used to simply follow those commands:

cd /usr/pbi/netbeans-amd64/.sbin

<NOW LOGIN AS THE USER THAT INSTALLED NETBEANS (ls -l to see it)>

mv netbeans-7.3 netbeans-7.3.bin
echo "/usr/pbi/netbeans-amd64/.sbin/netbeans-7.3.bin -J-Dnetbeans.subversion.commit.deepStatusRefresh=false" > netbeans-7.3
chmod +x netbeans-7.3
mv netbeans-7.3.pbiopt netbeans-7.3.bin.pbiopt

mv netbeans netbeans.bin
echo "/usr/pbi/netbeans-amd64/.sbin/netbeans.bin -J-Dnetbeans.subversion.commit.deepStatusRefresh=false" > netbeans
chmod +x netbeans
mv netbeans.pbiopt netbeans.bin.pbiopt

I tried to adapt it to netbeans 7.4 but it completely broke netbeans and
even renaming the files back it doesn't work (I am getting the following
error:
/usr/pbi/netbeans-amd64/openjdk7/jre/lib/amd64/libsplashscreen.so:
Undefined symbol "libiconv_open"  - netbeans.sh doesn't give any error.
uninstalling and reinstalling does not fix the problem and even removing
~/.netbeans fixes it)

mv netbeans-7.4 netbeans-7.4.bin
echo "/usr/pbi/netbeans-amd64/.sbin/netbeans-7.4.bin
-J-Dnetbeans.subversion.commit.deepStatusRefresh=false" > netbeans-7.4
chmod +x netbeans-7.4
mv netbeans-7.4.pbiopt netbeans-7.4.bin.pbiopt

mv netbeans netbeans.bin
echo "/usr/pbi/netbeans-amd64/.sbin/netbeans.bin
-J-Dnetbeans.subversion.commit.deepStatusRefresh=false" > netbeans
chmod +x netbeans
mv netbeans.pbiopt netbeans.bin.pbiopt

mv netbeans.sh netbeans.sh.bin
echo "/usr/pbi/netbeans-amd64/.sbin/netbeans.sh.bin
-J-Dnetbeans.subversion.commit.deepStatusRefresh=false" > netbeans.sh
chmod +x netbeans.sh
mv netbeans.sh.pbiopt netbeans.sh.bin.pbiopt

Any help would be appreciate or any way to make it easy to add commands
to netbeans woudl be great.  Maybe create a wrapper around it that
everybody can edit and add commands to execute.  I.E.:
  - only have one executable (not need for 3 of them)
  - create a netbeans.sh that points to netbeans that can be edited as
needed

Thank you

Fabry