[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] status of Minitube-2.0 PBI

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Thu Nov 7 07:14:23 PST 2013

On 11/07/2013 09:16, Ken Moore wrote:
> On 11/07/2013 05:07, Seth wrote:
>> Latest version of Minitube available in the AppCafe is 1.7, which
>> appears to be broken by later Youtube API updates.
>>
>> Found a 2.0 version of minitube from June 2013 on the PC-BSD PBI
>> build x64 server
>> http://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/pbioutgoing/amd64/9/multimedia/minitube/
>>
>> Installed it on my system manually and it seems to work fine. Does
>> this PBI simply need further testing before it's approved for the
>> AppCafe?
>>
>> Seth
>
> Humm, I have that one listed as broken here.
> I will retest it and see if maybe it was just the 32-bit PBI that was
> broken (since it was built so long ago). Since we are 64-bit only now
> I don't have to worry about making sure that both 32 and 64 bit
> versions work before approving them now... :-)

Yeah, I just retested it on my system here and it is giving me either a
"bus error" or a "segmentation fault" and crashing every time it starts
to play a video. (I just did a search for "pianoguys" and tried to play
the first video that came up. I also did it a few times on a couple
other videos to make sure it was not a fluke).