[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Change PBI installation directory

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Mon May 20 04:26:14 PDT 2013

On 05/19/2013 12:11, Radio młodych bandytów wrote:
> Hello.
> I'm just tweaking my PC to play with a number of C compilers...almost
> all that are in ports actually. I built PBIs for them, but when it came
> to installation, it appears that I can't have multiple gcc versions
> simultaneously, I'm getting error:
>
> pbi_add: /usr/pbi/gcc-amd64 already exists! Use -f to force installation.
>
> Is there a way to have a gcc version number in the directory?
You just need to give each PBI a slightly different program name. Try
just appending the version number to it like this: GCC45, GCC46..... and
that should let you install multiple PBIs for the same compiler. Of
course. This might cause some issues with the default path links if the
main binaries are all named exactly the same thing too, but as long as
you specify the pbi directory when running the compiler
whichever one you want.