[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI submissions Hitori, Maelstorm, pyAwale, lcdtest, Skencil

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Fri Mar 22 06:59:59 PDT 2013

On 03/19/2013 23:13, nemysis wrote:

> Hitori
>
> Hitori is a small application written to allow one to play the eponymous
> puzzle game, which is similar in theme to more popular puzzles such as Sudoku created by Nikoli.
>
> https://live.gnome.org/Hitori
>
> http://www.nikoli.com/en/puzzles/hitori/
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitori
>
> games/hitori
>

> Maelstorm
>
> An Asteroids battle game
>
> Mac game Maelstrom originally written by Ambrosia Software.
> Unique to this port is a kick-butt network play mode.
>
>   You pilot your ship through the dreaded "Maelstrom" asteroid belt -- suddenly your best friend thrusts towards you and fires, directly at your cockpit. You raise your shields just in time, and the battle is joined.
>
> The deadliest stretch of space known to mankind has just gotten deadlier. Everywhere massive asteroids jostle for a chance to crush your ship, and deadly shinobi fighter patrols pursue you across the asteroid belt. But the deadliest of them all is your sister ship, assigned to you on patrol. The pilot, trained by your own Navy, battle hardened by months in the Maelstrom, is equipped with a twin of your own ship and intimate knowledge of your tactics.
>
> The lovely Stratocaster R&R facility never sounded so good, but as you fire full thrusters to dodge the latest barrage you begin to think you'll never get home...
>
> http://slouken.libsdl.org/projects/Maelstrom/
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maelstrom_%281993_video_game%29
>
> games/maelstrom
>

> pyAwale
>
> Awale or Oware is a game of great antiquity, and has been played around
> the world in various forms for millenia. Currently it is the official
> board game of Africa.
>
> Oware: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oware
>
> Member of the Mancala family of board games. There are many variants
> to the rules of this game, which is for two players. This version is
> between a player and the computer.
>
> Mancala: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mancala
>
> https://gna.org/projects/pyawale/
>
> games/pyawale
>

> lcdtest
>
> lcdtest is a utility to display LCD monitor test patterns. It may be
> useful for adjusting the pixel clock frequency and phase on LCD
> monitors when using analog inputs, and for finding pixels that are
> stuck on or off.
>
> http://www.brouhaha.com/~eric/software/lcdtest/
>
> graphics/lcdtest
>

> Skencil
>
> Skencil is an interactive vector drawing program for X (similar to Xfig or tgif). It is written almost completely in Python, an object oriented interpreted programming language.
>
> This is a stable release. It is quite featureful and usable, but there are still things missing that I want in a 1.0 release, hence the low version number.
>
> Skencil was originally named "Sketch" and the name "Sketch" is still used is many places.

> [...]

I just added these modules to the build server.
We already had a module for graphics/skencil, so I just updated the
program author field to reflect that you have taken maintainership of
the port and triggered a rebuild. The PBI for it has not been working
properly (which is why it is not in the AppCafe) but perhaps the new
build will work better after your updates to the port.

Thanks for sending these modules in!

--
~~Ken Moore~~