[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI submissions Epiar. IceBreaker, Rocks'n'Diamonds, gonvert

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Fri Jan 18 11:21:26 PST 2013

On 01/17/2013 14:29, nemysis wrote:
> This are mine new or adopted FreeBSD Ports
>
> Epiar
>
> Epiar (ep-ee-are) is an open source computer game, in which the player navigates space from planet to planet, saving money to buy ship upgrades and new ships. The player can also join mercenary missions, attack other ships to steal their money and technology, and explore the universe. The game combines the action/arcade elements of aircraft dogfighting and the openness of role playing games to create this experience.
>
> Epiar is a space exploration/combat/trading game. The Escape Velocity (EV) series for the Mac was the major point of inspiration for this game.
> Other notable games of this genre include:
>
> - Elite (the original game EV was based on)
> - Star control 1/2 (and it's now open source successor Ur-Quan masters)
> - Star Flight
> - Solar Winds
>
> http://epiar.net/
>
> https://github.com/knowknowledge/Epiar
>
> games/epiar
>

> IceBreaker
>
> Is a game similar to JezzBall or Barrack. So, uh, there's a bunch of penguins on an iceberg in Antarctica. You have been selected to catch them so they can be shipped to Finland, where they are essential to a secret plot for world domination.
>
> http://mattdm.org/icebreaker/
>
> http://mattdm.org/icebreaker/notjezzball.shtml
>
> games/icebreaker
>

> Rocks'n'Diamonds
>
> A Boulder Dash clone
>
> A scrolling tile-based computer puzzle game that can be described as a combined
> Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and Sokoban clone.
>
> A game for Unix/X11 by Holger Schemel, (c) 1995-99 by Holger Schemel.
>
> This is a nice little game with color graphics and sound for your Unix system
> with color X11.  You need an 8-Bit color display or better.  It will not work
> on black&white systems, and maybe not on gray scale systems.
>
> If you know the game Boulder Dash (Commodore C64) or Emerald Mine (Amiga),
> you know what Rocks'n'Diamonds is about.
>
> http://www.artsoft.org/rocksndiamonds/
>
> games/rocksndiamonds
>

> gonvert
>
> gonvert is a conversion utility that allows conversion between many units
> like CGS, Ancient, Imperial with many categories like length, mass, numbers,
> etc. All units converted values shown at once as you type. Easy to add/change
> your own units.
>
> Features:
>
>      - 51 categories, 981 units. See the entire list here.
>      - All units converted values shown at once as you type.
>      - Descriptions for many units.
>      - Sort by Unit Name, Value, or Unit symbol.
>      - Find Units.
>      - Fully OPEN source so that you can add your own custom calculations
>        and descriptions.
>
> http://www.unihedron.com/projects/gonvert/
>
> misc/gonvert
>

> Please update Zenmap PBI to 6.25

> [...]

I just added these modules to the build server after creating the
appropriate desktop/menu entries. Thanks for sending them in!

Also, thank you for all your work with the ports side of things, it
really helps to have someone as active as you pick up the maintainership
for a number of "newly orphaned" ports that the PC-BSD project makes
available as PBI's.

The zenmap PBI will be rebuilding here shortly once the build server
notices that the port has been updated. Once that happens I will try to
get it approved shortly after that.

Thanks again!

--
~~Ken Moore~~