[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] slrn

Randall Wood randall+pcbsd at woodbriceno.net
Tue Feb 5 09:26:51 PST 2013

On Tuesday, February 05, 2013 11:48:54 AM Ken Moore wrote:

On 02/05/2013 07:23, Randall Wood wrote:

I just added this module to the build server, thanks for sending it in!

I did remove your pre-portmake.sh script because it would end up doing nothing
anyway... (the user's home directory in the PBI build environment is not saved
for later). Once the PBI builds here, I will adjust the script to see if I can
find a sample config file for slrn that is included with the port as the
default config so it either "just works" or tells the user what needs to be
modified first.

Thanks again!

~~Ken Moore~~

There is a sample .slrnrc.  You'll find it in

You could, for example, copy that file to within the PBI.  But users will
still have to adjust their .cshrc (or other shell) to get the NNTPSERVER
variable right - one of SLRN's many nuances.

I was also toying around with setting the stock slrnrc file to link to
aioe.net (a free, text-groups NNTP server) but then decided users who already
have a prefered provider wouldn't appreciate it.

Anyway, thanks for getting it onto the build server.

best regards, Randy