[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] slrn

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Tue Feb 5 08:48:54 PST 2013

On 02/05/2013 07:23, Randall Wood wrote:
> Greetings - you've seen me on the forums.pcbsd.org as 'zafiro.'  I wanted a
> slrn PBI, and have made one (attached).  I created a little icon for it, and
> it seems to work on my system.  I'm no developer though so you may find ways
> to improve it.
>
> Specifically, I'd wanted to include a sample .slrnrc file as part of the PBI.
> But when I looked into it I realized slrn also requires some environment
> variables to be set (setenv NNTPSERVER='whatever.org') and so I thought, "hell
> with it, whoever uses this PBI is going to have to know how to modify their
> .cshrc in a console anyway).  So I didn't bother to deal with it.  That means,
> until the user puts in their .slrnrc and edits their .cshrc, launching from
> the menu won't really work.
>
> I'm thinking, anyone who searches for and downloads slrn already knows this.
> And there's knode/pan for the rest.
>
> Many thanks for PBIcreator 2.0, which made this a snap.  Maybe I'll try some
> more :) It's a fun learning experience, anyway.
>
> Happy to help out if something's not right.  And thanks for the great OS.
>
> Randy
> www.therandymon.com

I just added this module to the build server, thanks for sending it in!

I did remove your pre-portmake.sh script because it would end up doing
nothing anyway... (the user's home directory in the PBI build
environment is not saved for later). Once the PBI builds here, I will
adjust the script to see if I can find a sample config file for slrn
that is included with the port as the default config so it either "just
works" or tells the user what needs to be modified first.

Thanks again!

--
~~Ken Moore~~