[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Netbeans PBI - bin wrapper suggestion

Fabrizio Parrella fabrizio at bibivu.com
Mon Apr 15 08:08:00 PDT 2013

OK, a bit more changes needs to be made to make it fully work, like
rename the pbiopt file and put the full path of the executable in the

This is the FULL list of commands that I run to make this work
(inclusive of all the shortcuts that I already have):

#cd /usr/pbi/netbeans-amd64/.sbin

#mv netbeans-7.3 netbeans-7.3.bin
#echo "/usr/pbi/netbeans-amd64/.sbin/netbeans-7.3.bin" > netbeans-7.3
#chmod +x netbeans-7.3
#mv netbeans-7.3.pbiopt netbeans-7.3.bin.pbiopt

#mv netbeans netbeans.bin
#echo "/usr/pbi/netbeans-amd64/.sbin/netbeans.bin" > netbeans
#chmod +x netbeans
#mv netbeans.pbiopt netbeans.bin.pbiopt

execute this AFTER that you installed/updated to netbeans 7.3 and you
will be able to update the parameters as needed.

If you have a 32bit version don't forget to change the "amd64" with your

Also keep in mind that you will have to add your parameters to two files:
  - netbeans
  - netbeans-7.3

Hope this helps someone