[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Using OptionsNG with pbi.conf

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Thu Oct 18 04:41:55 PDT 2012

On 10/18/2012 05:24, Gour wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 18:51:29 -0400
> Ken Moore <ken at pcbsd.org> wrote:
>
>> 1)
>> The port that you are setting the options for must support the
>> optionsNG format (all ports should be converted to this format
>> sometime in the near future, but right now it is a good mix of
>> converted/unconverted ports).
>> This can be done by simply checking to make sure that the string
>> "OPTIONS_DEFINE=" exists within the port's Makefile:
>> [code]
>> grep -r "OPTIONS_DEFINE=" /usr/ports/<port-category>/<portname>.
>> [/code]
>> If this command does not return anything, then it is either not
>> converted to optionsNG yet, or does not have any options that can be
>> set in the first place.
> OK, claws-mail does support OptionsNG.
>
>> New Method:
>> [code]
>> PBI_MAKEOPTS="<portname>_SET= X Y
>> <portname>_UNSET= Z"
>> [/code]
>> (The "unset" options *MUST* be on a different line from the "set"
>> options if both "set" and "unset" are used)
> Can I just use that or some patch for pbi_* tools is required?
>
>> I have also discovered that if you are using the package caching
>> option when building PBI's, you will need to remove the package for
>> the desired port if you are simply rebuilding the PBI with different
>> options.
> Thank you. That's good to know.
>
>> Please let me know if you run into any issues when implementing these
>> changes.
> If I can continue with the present version of pbi_* tools and/or
> EasyPBI,  I'll let you know soon.
>

> Sincerely,
> Gour

The methods that I described should work perfectly fine with the current
(9.1-RC1/RC2) version of the pbi_* tools.
I already setup our PBI module for claws-mail to use the optionsNG
method, so you should just be able to take our module and try to build
it (last time I checked it a couple days ago, it would not build due to
a bug in the ghostscript9 port, but that might be fixed by now).