[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Using OptionsNG with pbi.conf

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Thu Oct 18 02:24:29 PDT 2012

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 18:51:29 -0400
Ken Moore <ken at pcbsd.org> wrote:

> 1)
> The port that you are setting the options for must support the
> optionsNG format (all ports should be converted to this format
> sometime in the near future, but right now it is a good mix of
> converted/unconverted ports).
> This can be done by simply checking to make sure that the string
> "OPTIONS_DEFINE=" exists within the port's Makefile:
> [code]
> grep -r "OPTIONS_DEFINE=" /usr/ports/<port-category>/<portname>.
> [/code]
> If this command does not return anything, then it is either not
> converted to optionsNG yet, or does not have any options that can be
> set in the first place.

OK, claws-mail does support OptionsNG.

> New Method:
> [code]
> PBI_MAKEOPTS="<portname>_SET= X Y
> <portname>_UNSET= Z"
> [/code]
> (The "unset" options *MUST* be on a different line from the "set"
> options if both "set" and "unset" are used)

Can I just use that or some patch for pbi_* tools is required?

> I have also discovered that if you are using the package caching
> option when building PBI's, you will need to remove the package for
> the desired port if you are simply rebuilding the PBI with different
> options.

Thank you. That's good to know.

> Please let me know if you run into any issues when implementing these
> changes.

If I can continue with the present version of pbi_* tools and/or
EasyPBI,  I'll let you know soon.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
What is night for all beings is the time of awakening
for the self-controlled; and the time of awakening for