[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] problem with claws-mail PBI

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Mon Oct 15 12:16:17 PDT 2012

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:44:35 -0400
Ken Moore <ken at pcbsd.org> wrote:

> The way that EasyPBI auto-detects the build options for a port is by
> parsing out the port's files (the options are usually in the
> makefile). There is no similar method that we can use to "recommend"
> additional ports since there is no information about additional
> plugins contained within the port itself. This is why the Make Port
> [Before/After] options are there: to allow you to add additional
> "missing" ports to the PBI.

I am neither thinking nor expecting that EasyPBI would 'recommend' some
ports for Before/After building...what I meant is to have entry line
like the one in Make Options showing which ports are selected for
build....but now I realize it is done via drop-down list.

Maybe, it can stay like that...false alarm. :-/

> As an aside, I am currently working on a large update to EasyPBI for
> PC-BSD 9.2 (including support for building PBI's from local sources
> using the "pbi_create" command, and additional control for editing
> modules). It is currently in a very rough and unusable stage, but I
> will make an announcement either here or on the forums when it is
> available for testing/use.

Very nice. Thanks a lot for your work on PC-BSD. ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Whatever action a great man performs, common men follow. And
whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues.