[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] problem with claws-mail PBI

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Mon Oct 15 09:44:35 PDT 2012

On 10/14/2012 15:49, Gour wrote:

> I would also like to suggest to improve EasyPBI to have same selection
> mechanism for Make Port Before/After as it is available for Make
> Options to make it clear which ports are included as selected?
>

> Sincerely,
> Gour

Missed this comment before my previous reply... :-)

The way that EasyPBI auto-detects the build options for a port is by
parsing out the port's files (the options are usually in the makefile).
There is no similar method that we can use to "recommend" additional
ports since there is no information about additional plugins contained
within the port itself. This is why the Make Port [Before/After] options
are there: to allow you to add additional "missing" ports to the PBI.

As an aside, I am currently working on a large update to EasyPBI for
PC-BSD 9.2 (including support for building PBI's from local sources
using the "pbi_create" command, and additional control for editing modules).
It is currently in a very rough and unusable stage, but I will make an
announcement either here or on the forums when it is available for
testing/use.