[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] problem with claws-mail PBI

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Mon Oct 15 09:34:01 PDT 2012

On 10/14/2012 15:49, Gour wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Sometime ago i submitted feature request to add bogofilter to the
> claws-mail plugin as well for some other currently missing plugins
> which I usually packaged on Linux as claws-mail-extra-plugins package.
>
> Unfortunately, I marked the wrong plugin thinking that bsfilter is the
> right one, but later discovered that bogofilter is actually shipping
> with claws-mail itself, but it's not enabled by default in the ports
> package.
>
> Here is my attempt to adjust PBI according to my needs:

> #!/bin/sh
> # PBI Build Configuration
>
> # -- Program Information --
> PBI_PROGNAME="claws-mail"
> PBI_PROGWEB="http://www.claws-mail.org/"
> PBI_PROGAUTHOR="netchild at FreeBSD.org"
> PBI_PROGICON="claws.png"
>
> # -- Port Information --
> PBI_MAKEPORT="mail/claws-mail"
> PBI_MKPORTBEFORE=""
> PBI_MKPORTAFTER=" mail/claws-mail-archiver mail/claws-mail-att_remover mail/claws-mail-attach_warner mail/claws-mail-clamd mail/claws-mail-fancy mail/claws-mail-fetchinfo mail/claws-mail-gtkhtml2_viewer mail/claws-mail-perl mail/claws-mail-rssyl mail/claws-mail-rssyl mail/claws-mail-spamreport mail/claws-mail-tnef mail/claws-mail-vcalendar mail/clawsker mail/claws-mail-pdf_viewer mail/claws-mail-notification x11-themes/claws-mail-themes mail/claws-mail-address_keeper mail/claws-mail-bsfilter mail/claws-mail-mailmbox mail/claws-mail-python"
> PBI_MAKEOPTS=" WITH_BOGOFILTER=true WITH_GPGME=true WITH_SPAMASSASSIN=true "
>
> # -- Require Root Permissions to Install PBI --
> PBI_REQUIRESROOT="NO"
>
> # -- Auto-build Configuration Options --
> PBI_BUILDKEY="00"
> PBI_AB_PRIORITY="00"
> PBI_AB_NOTMPFS="NO"
>
> export PBI_PROGNAME PBI_PROGWEB PBI_PROGAUTHOR PBI_PROGICON PBI_MAKEPORT PBI_MKPORTBEFORE PBI_MKPORTAFTER PBI_MAKEOPTS PBI_REQUIRESROOT PBI_BUILDKEY PBI_AB_PRIORITY PBI_AB_NOTMPFS

> Practically, I just added WITH_BOGOFILTER=true to the PBI_MAKEOPTS
> line, but the end result is that Bogofilter plugin is built, but all
> the plugins which are enabled by default in the claws-mail ports
> package are not built?
>
> It sounds as it is not an accident, but I wonder how is it that by
> having  " WITH_BOGOFILTER=true WITH_GPGME=true WITH_SPAMASSASSIN=true
> ", only the 1st one (bogofilter is built) and the remaining two are not?
>
> Otoh, everything referenced in  PBI_MKPORTAFTER is built?
>
> Do I miss something obvious?
>
> Is it required to enable all the features one wants to have in PBI or
> just which are not enabled by default in ports package?
>
> Finally, let me say that I've tried both EasyPBI as well as
> pbi_makeport, but with same result. :-(
>
> I would also like to suggest to improve EasyPBI to have same selection
> mechanism for Make Port Before/After as it is available for Make
> [...]

I just looked through the mail/claws-mail port makefile and it does not
look like any of the options are exclusive (I.E. All the options should
be able to be turned on/off at will without changing other options).

My guess is that it has something to do with the OptionsNG framework
that was just put in place for the FreeBSD ports. The
"WITH_***=[true/false]" setup is still using the old framework for
scripting port builds, so something might have gotten mixed up with the
up-conversion to the new framework.

Which version of PC-BSD are you using? There have been some improvements
to the pbi_* commands, so I just want to make sure that you are running
the current version of the pbi manager.

BTW: I just turned on the option in our claws-mail PBI as well. Since
the build servers are just getting going again after the delay from
9.1-RC2, we should have a new PBI for Claws-mail that you can test out
soon.