[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] problem with claws-mail PBI

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Sun Oct 14 12:49:33 PDT 2012

Hello!

Sometime ago i submitted feature request to add bogofilter to the
claws-mail plugin as well for some other currently missing plugins
which I usually packaged on Linux as claws-mail-extra-plugins package.

Unfortunately, I marked the wrong plugin thinking that bsfilter is the
right one, but later discovered that bogofilter is actually shipping
with claws-mail itself, but it's not enabled by default in the ports
package.

Here is my attempt to adjust PBI according to my needs:

#!/bin/sh
# PBI Build Configuration

# -- Program Information --
PBI_PROGNAME="claws-mail"
PBI_PROGWEB="http://www.claws-mail.org/"
PBI_PROGAUTHOR="netchild at FreeBSD.org"
PBI_PROGICON="claws.png"

# -- Port Information --
PBI_MAKEPORT="mail/claws-mail"
PBI_MKPORTBEFORE=""
PBI_MKPORTAFTER=" mail/claws-mail-archiver mail/claws-mail-att_remover mail/claws-mail-attach_warner mail/claws-mail-clamd mail/claws-mail-fancy mail/claws-mail-fetchinfo mail/claws-mail-gtkhtml2_viewer mail/claws-mail-perl mail/claws-mail-rssyl mail/claws-mail-rssyl mail/claws-mail-spamreport mail/claws-mail-tnef mail/claws-mail-vcalendar mail/clawsker mail/claws-mail-pdf_viewer mail/claws-mail-notification x11-themes/claws-mail-themes mail/claws-mail-address_keeper mail/claws-mail-bsfilter mail/claws-mail-mailmbox mail/claws-mail-python"
PBI_MAKEOPTS=" WITH_BOGOFILTER=true WITH_GPGME=true WITH_SPAMASSASSIN=true "

# -- Require Root Permissions to Install PBI --
PBI_REQUIRESROOT="NO"

# -- Auto-build Configuration Options --
PBI_BUILDKEY="00"
PBI_AB_PRIORITY="00"
PBI_AB_NOTMPFS="NO"

export PBI_PROGNAME PBI_PROGWEB PBI_PROGAUTHOR PBI_PROGICON PBI_MAKEPORT PBI_MKPORTBEFORE PBI_MKPORTAFTER PBI_MAKEOPTS PBI_REQUIRESROOT PBI_BUILDKEY PBI_AB_PRIORITY PBI_AB_NOTMPFS

Practically, I just added WITH_BOGOFILTER=true to the PBI_MAKEOPTS
line, but the end result is that Bogofilter plugin is built, but all
the plugins which are enabled by default in the claws-mail ports
package are not built?

It sounds as it is not an accident, but I wonder how is it that by
having  " WITH_BOGOFILTER=true WITH_GPGME=true WITH_SPAMASSASSIN=true
", only the 1st one (bogofilter is built) and the remaining two are not?

Otoh, everything referenced in  PBI_MKPORTAFTER is built?

Do I miss something obvious?

Is it required to enable all the features one wants to have in PBI or
just which are not enabled by default in ports package?

Finally, let me say that I've tried both EasyPBI as well as
pbi_makeport, but with same result. :-(

I would also like to suggest to improve EasyPBI to have same selection
mechanism for Make Port Before/After as it is available for Make
Options to make it clear which ports are included as selected?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Everyone is forced to act helplessly according to the qualities
he has acquired from the modes of material nature; therefore no