[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] submission update to audacity

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Wed Nov 7 10:28:16 PST 2012

On 10/31/2012 19:29, unix_lists at f-m.fm wrote:
> This updates audacity to 2.0.2

Sorry about the wait! This message got lost in my inbox....

It looks like there are no discernible changes in the module you send in
compared to out current module for audio/audacity except that you don't
have the extra installation scripts (which I am cleaning up at the moment).

In general, a PBI module should be valid for all versions of the
designated program without any modifications. The only time a module
does need to be "updated" to build the newest version is generally when
the FreeBSD port actually changed to a different name, or there is
something in the module that specifically defines or relies on a
particular program version (through installation scripts and such).

You can look through our current modules at
http://trac.pcbsd.org/browser/pbi/modules if you want to check for
program version limitations.

Thanks anyway!