[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Jabref PBI outdated

Sam Lin semin2006 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 16:48:39 PDT 2012

I have just checked the release history for Jabref (
http://jabref.sourceforge.net); the latest release is 2.8.1 on Jul 4th 2012
(or 2.9 Beta on Oct 24th 2012) whereas 2.6 was released way back to Apr 4th
2010 which is more than 2.5 years ago. This is why I thought it's weird as
it shouldn't have taken the pbibuild servers this long to build new
releases.

But now I checked the commit history for this port on freshport (
http://www.freshports.org/print/jabref/) and realised that this port hasn't
had maintainer for ages until recently - the port updated from 2.6 to 2.6.1
on Oct 1st 2012 and then jump straight to 2.8.1 on Oct 25th 2012. So I
guess this shall be reflected on AppCafe in the near future once the
pbibuild servers have done their works for the new release. Fingers crossed.

Regards,
Sam