[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] EasyPBI LibGTop-Server problem [SOLVED]

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Sat May 12 15:13:57 PDT 2012

On 05/12/2012 17:49, Bob McIsaac wrote:
> Thanks, Ken... your advice worked. After removing
> /usr/pbi/.pbi-world.pbz.
>
> # pbi_makeport -c /home/bobmc/EasyPBI/Modules/streamripper -o
> /home/bobmc/EasyPBI/PBI --delbuild --tmpfs
> ...  compile Perl, Python, etc for hours  :-)
> Checking for Linux libraries to copy...
> Creating PBI: streamripper-1.64.6_2
> Creating Stage Dir: /usr/pbi/streamripper-i386/.stagedir
> Copying /pbimodule/resources -> /usr/pbi/streamripper-i386/.stagedir
> Creating external link entries...
> Creating xdg scripts...
> Creating install script...
> Creating deinstall script...
> Creating hash list...
> Creating compressed archive...
> Created PBI: /pbiout/streamripper-1.64.6_2-i386.pbi
> Cleaning /usr/pbi/streamripper-i386
> Cleaning /usr/pbi/streamripper-i386.chroot
> ... whew!
>
> The archive is 31mb
>
> =bob=
>
> On 05/12/2012 13:49, Ken Moore wrote:
>> It looks like it did not fetch the entire FreeBSD chroot environment.
>> I would recommend trying to run the PBI build command from the
>> command line one time (if you start EasyPBI from the terminal, it
>> will display the command when you start the build), I have noticed
>> this happening before with the current EasyPBI PBI. If you use the
>> current EasyPBI version from source, this will not be an issue anymore.
>>
>> If it doesn't try to re-download the file, you will need to remove
>> the PBI build environment file from /usr/pbi/ to force it to
>> re-download (can't remember the exact name of the file at the moment).
>>
>> Hope this helps!
>>
>> ~~ Ken Moore ~~
>> PC-BSD/iXsystems
>>

>> On 05/12/2012 13:33, Bob McIsaac wrote:
>>> Hi:
>>>
>>> Following workflow of EasyPBI for streamripper application, got the
>>> following error
>>> at the build step. I am a programmer but need help with error
>>> specifics:-
>>>
>>> This libgtop was compiled on FreeBSD 9.0-RC3 i386
>>> If you see strange problems caused by it,
>>> you should recompile libgtop and dependent applications
>>> Fetching FreeBSD chroot environment... This may take a while...
>>>
>>> fetch:
>>> http://mirrors.nycbug.org/pub/PC-BSD//i386/netinstall/fbsd-release.tbz:
>>> size of remote file is not known
>>>
>>> rel.tbz              0  B 0  Bps
>>> rel.tbz              4329  B   62 kBps
>>>
>>> fetch:
>>> http://mirrors.nycbug.org/pub/PC-BSD//i386/netinstall/fbsd-release.tbz.md5:
>>> size of remote file is not known
>>> rel.md5              0  B 0  Bps
>>> rel.md5              4329  B  103 kBps
>>> [: <!--: unexpected operator
>>> Extracting chroot environment...
>>> pbi_makeport: Failed extracting chroot environment!
>>> Cleaning /usr/pbi/streamripper-i386.chroot
>>> LibGTop-Server: pid 17600 received eof.

Now that the chroot environment has download successfully, you should be
able to use the EasyPBI GUI to run the build process for you (since it
will just use what you already have).

If you would like, you can also send any PBI modules (not the full
PBI's) to us here  on the pbi-dev list and I can add it in to our build
server so it will appear in the AppCafe through our repo.

Happy PBI building!