[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] (no subject)

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 7 09:48:28 PST 2012

On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 09:23:43AM -0800, Dru Lavigne wrote:
> > The Libreoffice PBI does not support localizations at all. In order to
> > use a localized version of LibreOffice you have to rebuild the entire
> > program with different build options. Because of this, we are
> > currently only building the English (unlocalized) version of
> > Libreoffice. We do have all the different localizations for
> > openoffice, but there have been reports that the current localized
> > PBI's do have a couple issues with the desktop/menu icons, but the
> > program should work fine. We have been trying to rebuild those PBI's,
> > but the openoffice port itself also broke in the meantime, so we have
> > been waiting for that to get fixed as well.
> Isnt't it possible to build LibreOffice --with-lang=ALL?
> That might blow up the PBI a bit but it's a kind of giant already.
>

> To follow up on this thread: I spoke to a member of the porting team. The next version of the LibreOffice port will be fully localized. They expected that version of the port to be released by now, but they are hitting a compile bug they haven't solved yet. The JAVA option also needs to be tested.
>
> If anyone is willing to help with the testing and/or figuring out the bug, the Makefiles for the localizations are available at http://redports.org/browser/office. Feedback should be sent to office at freebsd.org. There is also a #freebsd-office channel on IRC efnet (not freenode).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dru

Hi all,

Here are some informations about the status of libreoffice in ports in general.

The plan for now is to drop libreoffice-legacy maintaing 2 version of
libreoffice is a lot too much for me alone.

Concerning 3.5 we will directly jump to 3.5.1, because it will be out in the
next days.

our base gcc can't be used anymore to build libreoffice because it is too old
(expect someone manage to find some fixes) I tried using gcc 4.6 from ports but
it always failed at some point, it wasn't trivial and I didn't managed to fix
it.

I tested with clang, and it built pretty much nicely so on FreeBSD 9+ it will
use the clang from base and on FreeBSD 7 and 8 it will use the clang from ports.

I managed to built it twice but I don't know how and when, but I should have lost
a patch I'm not able to rewrite for now :(. So it is failing again.

One thing that haven't been tested at all the far is the java option, work
needed in that area, the java related code in Makefiles is still the one from
3.4.5 so should be completly failing.

concerning i18n, All the possible localized version can be found on the redports
svn version all of them are simply using the released localized debian packages
from the Document Foundation and repack them in FreeBSD format. I find this was
the easier way to be able to support it without the cost of tons of libreoffice
recompilation.

the only thing removed from that language packs are the dictionnaries as
libreoffice is built to find the one on the system (hunspell, mythes and hyphen
packages). This might be complicated to transpose to PC-BSD is some people have
ideas on how to improve that please share them.

for more question, please do not hesitate to contact me.

For bug fixing do not hesitate to have a look in the libreoffice-core git
repository as http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/ (the master branch)
as Tor Lillqvist (a libreoffice developper is comitting patches to fix built
with clang: Mac OS people are also willing to switch their libreoffice compiler
to clang).

I'm pretty sure there is not much to do to be able to get libreoffice 3.5.x
working, I'm running out of free time lately, so yes help will be very much
appreciated.

FYI, building libreoffice 3.5.X with default options on Q6600 with 8G of RAM
requires 2 hours, with clang it is faster and consumes less memory.

Thank you very much,
regards,
Bapt