[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI submissions..

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Tue Mar 6 07:03:49 PST 2012

On 03/04/2012 20:25, Tigersharke . wrote:
> Hello!
>
> It seems that there needs to be another method of submitting a PBI
> besides through email to this list.  I am not sure what the attachment
> limit is for gmail, but I would imagine it is generous.  Others are
> not so lucky to have a limit of 28MB or less, which means splitting a
> PBI archive into as many as 9 pieces for submission.  Of course one
> may simply request any certain PBI be made, but I know of at least one
> PC-BSD user who so greatly appreciates the OS, that he would like to
> give back by helping to submit PBIs.
>
> I am not sure what the perfect solution would be, or how it would be
> managed. However, we should setup a method to submit PBIs that does
> not require an email account as intermediary.
>
> Thanks for your time and efforts!

You should not send actual PBI's in for submission anyway. The only
thing we need is the PBI module - which is just a few text files (and
maybe a .png icon) and should never even be close to 28MB.

That said, I do agree that we should work on a better method of allowing
module submissions. I do not have an answer for this at the moment, but
I am willing to entertain suggestions if you have any ideas.