[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Vice PBI

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Wed Jul 18 03:37:59 PDT 2012

On 07/16/2012 16:11, chris wrote:
> I am submitting these files as they are the content of
> ~/EasyPBI/Modules/Vice after creating vice-2.3_4-amd64.pbi, which can
> be found here : http://www.clbb.net/~chris/vice-2.3_4-amd64.pbi
> shasum : http://www.clbb.net/~chris/vice-2.3_4-amd64.pbi.sha256
>
> The module files do not contain anything that would enable ethernet
> emulation in Vice as I had to edit the makefile in ports before
> building the PBI There would be no point in adding them to the build
> server, but the PBI itself does install an ethernet enabled Vice
> emulator with Simple DirectMedia Layer support. You could chose to add
> it as is to the AppCafe or rebuild the existing Vice PBI with the
> makefile edited for "--enable-ethernet"
>
> If you would rather wait for the port to be upgraded to include this
> feature, I would like permission to make this PBI available to members
> of my Commodore users group and C64 chat room list.

Feel free to distribute your custom PBI for Vice to anyone who wants it.
That is one of the beauties of the PBI system... :-)
As for adding it to the AppCafe, it needs to be in a form that we can
build ourselves (for security purposes) without maintaining our own
custom ports tree (for convenience). In order to accomplish that, I
would recommend that you send a list of your port MakeFile changes to
the current maintainer for the Vice port (dinoex at FreeBSD.org
<mailto:dinoex at FreeBSD.org?subject=FreeBSD%20Port:%20emulators/vice>),
and ask him to make those changes to the port itself. This will let us
(and anyone else) easily take advantage of your improvements.

Thanks!