[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI submissions gtkam, pwcview, PWCBSD,

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Mon Jul 16 13:37:22 PDT 2012

On 07/14/2012 21:40, nemysis wrote:
> gtkam
>
> Is an universal, free GTK+ application that will allow downloading, saving, and manipulation of images from several different digital camera models, or from the local harddrive.
>
> gtkam supports a wide array of digital camera models.
> Visit http://www.gphoto.org/proj/libgphoto2/support.php for an updated list.
>
> graphics/gtkam
>
> http://gphoto.org/proj/gtkam
>

> pwcview
>
> An application that you can use to view the video stream of your webcam, alter
> various settings of your webcam, take jpeg snapshots or output raw YUV420P data
> to stdout when motion is detected.
>
> multimedia/pwcview
>
> http://raaf.atspace.org/
>

> PWCBSD, Philips USB webcam driver for FreeBSD
>
> This port provides a FreeBSD kernel module that Video4Linux enabled applications
> and applications that can handle raw YUV420P data can use to access several USB based webcams.
>
> multimedia/pwcbsd
>
> http://raaf.atspace.org/
>
> PWCBSD must install root.

Since PWCBSD is just a kernal module for the main system, it is probably
better to install via ports rather than as a PBI (that way it meshes
well with the rest of your local system). As such, I am not going to
commit this module.

I am also unsure about the pwcview program. I was unable to find if it
required the PWCBSD kernel module or not, so I am going to go ahead and
commit it, but we will have to let it build before finding out if it
will work properly as a PBI.

Thanks for the modules!