[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI submissions XBill, StepBill, Virus Killer, XTux

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Mon Jul 16 13:23:17 PDT 2012

On 07/14/2012 21:39, nemysis wrote:
> XBill
>
> Is a game for Bill-haters.  Ah, the escasy to squish the evil Bill like a bug! :>
>
> games/xbill
>
> http://xbill.sourceforge.net/
>

> StepBill
>
> This is a port of the MacBill, which is based on XBill, source to GNUstep.
>
> Ever get the feeling that nothing is going right?  You're a sysadmin, and someone's trying to destroy your computers.  The little people running around the screen are trying to infect your computers with Wingdows [TM], a virus cleverly designed to resemble a popular operating system.  Your objective is to click the mouse on them, ending their potential threat. If one of the people reaches a computer, it will attempt to replace your operating system with the virus it carries. It will then attempt to run off the screen with your vital software.
>
> games/stepbill
>
> http://gnu.ethz.ch/linuks.mine.nu/stepbill/
>

> Virus Killer
>
> Your computer has been invaded! Dozens of little viruses are pouring in via
> security holes in Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook,
> Microsoft MSN Messenger and Microsoft Recycle Bin!! Using your trusty mouse you must shoot the buggers before they can destroy your files! Some will steal them from their home
> directories and take them back to their security hole. Others will just eat them
> right there on the spot! See how long you and your computer can survive the onslaught!
>
> games/viruskiller
>

> XTux
>
> Is a client server network game for X11 featuring opensource mascots.
> Players can compete in a multiplayer deathmatch mode (called holywar) or play against the computer (cooperative multiplayer supported) in a mission against Microsoft.
>
> games/xtux
>
> http://xtux.sourceforge.net/

We already have a module for viruskiller (the program seg faults when
you try to run it however...) so I am not committing that one.
I am also unsure about the stepbill module. I am going to commit it and
try to build it, but it looks like it is basically just the XBill
program specifically modified for the GnuStep framework (which I am not
sure will work properly as a PBI because of the differences between
standard binaries and GnuStep Applications). We will see if it works
once the PBI builds.

I did commit the other two modules.
Thanks for sending them in!