[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] OpenOffice - Latest Update

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Mon Jul 2 05:05:49 PDT 2012

On 06/26/2012 16:36, Ken Moore wrote:
> On 06/26/2012 16:23, Ken Moore wrote:
>> On 06/26/2012 15:44, Fabrizio Parrella wrote:
>>> The latest OpenOffice does not work :-(
>>>
>>> I had quite a few people here at the company set to automatically
>>> update and they started to complain that they cannot open files.
>>> Checking the issue seems like that the new version does not launch
>>> at all.
>>>
>>> I am installing libreoffice for now, but maybe someone needs to take
>>> a look on why of the problem.
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>>
>>> Fabry
>>
>> What version/localization did you try?
>> I only checked out the English (non-localized) and German (-DE)
>> versions before approving all the localizations, so it is quite
>> possible that it might be an error with just that localized version.
>>

> Nevermind that, I just figured out that they changed the name of the
> binary again, so it is just the desktop/menu icons that do not work.
> I will get that fixed and rebuild the PBI's here in a few minutes.

---Update---
The old openoffice.org-3/ port was removed from the ports tree and a new
port (openoffice-3/) was created to replace it (with an updated
version). All of the information about the port was changed, since it is
now "Apache Openoffice" (under the Apache Software Foundation), so I
created completely new PBI modules for all the localizations of this new
port.

While some of the localized PBI's are still building, I am approving
many of the new PBI's under the name "ApacheOpenOffice" in the AppCafe.
These new PBI's appear to work much better, and I suggest that you begin
moving over to them, as the old "Openoffice.org" PBI's will be
depreciated and removed from the AppCafe here soon.