[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] [CFT] pbi/modules/security/truecrypt

Hakisho Nukama nukama at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 31 03:37:38 PST 2012

2012/1/30 Hakisho Nukama <nukama at googlemail.com>:
> Attached a mostly working version of Truecrypt 7.1 PBI-module wtih GUI.
>
> Use "tar -xvJf truecrypt.tar.xz -C /usr/pbi/modules-devel/security" to extract
> this module to /usr/pbi/modules-devel/security/truecrypt.
> And "pbi_autobuild -c /usr/pbi/modules-devel -o /usr/pbi/pbiout
> --tmpfs" to build it.
>
> FreeBSD port has been updated to use 7.1 sources, so scripts/pre-portmake.sh
> would fetch wrong distfile (if resource wasn't unavailable).
>
> You can manually fetch sources from http://www.truecrypt.org/downloads2
> -> TrueCrypt 7.1 Source.tar.gz and move it to
> /usr/ports/distfiles/TrueCrypt_7.1_Source.tar.gz on your PBI buildserver.
>
> Only problem so far during build process (without ccache):
> /usr/src is not populated in CHROOTDIR, thus breaking build of fusefs-kmod.
> Therefore I modified the scripts/pre-portmake.sh to fetch src.tbz and
> extract it.
>
> Is there no PBI_POPULATESRC="YES" for pbi.conf yet,
> which would extract .pbi-src.tbz to CHROOTDIR/usr/src?
>
> Problems regarding use of TrueCrypt:
> - /tmp/.truecrypt_aux_mnt not unmounted
>
> This is a call for testing and improving this PBI, don't run this on your data.
> You've been warned.
>
> Best Regards
> Hakisho Nukama

- PBI_APPDIR/truecrypt-arch/share/doc/truecrypt/TrueCrypt User Guide.pdf isn't
  opened by GUI because reader not recognized?

- added LICENSE file inside PBI_CONFDIR (i.e. security/truecrypt/LICENSE)
  to enable license display on PBI installation

Could some legal officer check the possibility for including this PBI
into AppCafe?

Best Regards
Hakisho Nukama