[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] multimedia/vlc enable teletext support enable ZVBI in pbi.conf

Hakisho Nukama nukama at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 27 10:00:09 PST 2012

After setting up my new Pinnacle 460e DVB-S2 stick with webcamd and vdr 1.7.22
I was able to get teletext shown over network stream with Windows 7 vlc.

Inside PCBSD with vlc-1.1.11_1-i386 clicking on Teletext button results in
following message:
No suitable decoder module:
VLC does not support the audio or video format "telx". Unfortunately
there is no way for you to fix this.

telx is disabled by default at configure time.
But it is incompatible with VBI, which could also decode teletext.

Enabling telx support with this patch
http://people.freebsd.org/~jsa/share/vlc_telx.diff
does not help either. Vlc doesn't show teletext,
log with telx enabled at http://pastebin.com/JpwyQ0Kn

But just enabling ZVBI option solves this issue and teletext is shown
as it should.

Best Regards
Hakisho Nukama