[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI packages: avahi-app, dbus

Andriy Bakay andriy at irbisnet.com
Tue Jan 24 16:45:03 PST 2012

Answer is pretty simple. It all depends what you call "base system". I use PBIs in "raw" FreeBSD base system. I like "dependency hell free" environment and current ports/packages, pkgng (not sure), etc. is not provide such environment. So, Dbus is not part of my FreeBSD base system. I am using Zeroconf (avahi) + netatalk which require Dbus. I hope in future it will be more elegant solution for Zeroconf on FreeBSD and I could avoid Dbus overhead.