[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI packages: avahi-app, dbus

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Tue Jan 24 05:51:55 PST 2012

On 01/23/2012 20:31, Andriy Bakay wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Here is the PBI modules for 'avahi-app' and 'dbus' ports.
>
> Kris and Ken, do you have any plans to provide some standard way/scripts to add users/groups for application during/after PBI module installation? Kind of same functionality which is provided by FreeBSD Ports system. Or maybe such way/scripts already exists? I just wrote my custom post install scripts for now, but that post install operation is very common.
>
> Thanks,
> Andriy

I just added these modules to the build server. Thanks for sending them in!

We currently to not have any automated/standard way of adding
users/groups for PBI installations. They way you did it is almost
exactly they way that we handle adding them as well (I always use our
virtualbox-ose post-install script as an example), so no worries about
how you got it working.

Perhaps in the future we could create some generic group/user add script
for the PBI process and put a couple more flags in the pbi.conf file to
list the users/groups to add.
(Example: PBI_ADDUSER="(username)" and PBI_ADDGROUP="(groupname)"  )

Thanks for the suggestion!