[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI repo: Update index/meta after pbi_autobuild

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Jan 17 14:29:36 PST 2012

On 01/17/2012 13:30, Andriy Bakay wrote:
> Yes, I am using this tools. But what working flow should be? Every time pbi_autobuild create new version of PBI package and patch for it, I need to delete old version from index and add the new one. Or just add the new one? And what about patch?
>
> And should I do it manually or this could be automated?
>
> The reason for my question, I cannot find any info about this working flow in docs/mans.
Right now we don't have any automated scripts out which add PBIs to the
index for you. We manually test PBIs, then use a custom php script which
does the index add / remove, and uploads the resulting pbi-meta-9.bz2
file to the server.

The workflow is like this:

Make sure the generic "meta" entry exists for a PBI
If not, add one with "pbi_metatool add"
Use "pbi_indextool add" to list the PBI in the index
If we have more than say 3 PBIs already in the index, we use
"pbi_indextool rem" on the oldest.
Upload new index / meta files to web

This could be automated with some shell-scripts, if you use the "-h"
flag to pbi_autobuild to run a helper-script, its possible to
setup that script to do those steps for you automatically.