[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] PBI localization

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Thu Feb 23 07:45:46 PST 2012

On 02/23/2012 03:11, Titus von Boxberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to this list, so please excuse if this is the wrong place.
>
> On PCBSD 9.0 I've installed Thunderbird, Firefox, and LibreOffice PBIs.
> None of the user interfaces seem to be localized.
>
> With Firefox, I can access the locale switcher, however it's only able
> to switch from english user interface to english user interface so
> I eventually got bored with it.
> With Thunderbird, no locale switcher seems to be accessible.
>
> While - for me - the missing localization of Firefox and Thunderbird
> is only annoying, it makes LibreOffice unusable.
>
> Am I missing something?
> Should I file a bug report?
>
> How could I help to add l10n to the PBIs that I use?
>
> Regards
> Titus

For the Firefox and Thunderbird PBI's, I have seen some reports about
that version of the FreeBSD port having broken the localizations . I am
approving the latest Thunderbird PBI's right now, and the new Firefox
PBI's here soon. Once the new PBI's are available in the AppCafe (within
24 hours) upgrade to the latest version and see if the localizations
have been fixed.

The Libreoffice PBI does not support localizations at all. In order to
use a localized version of LibreOffice you have to rebuild the entire
program with different build options. Because of this, we are currently
only building the English (unlocalized) version of Libreoffice. We do
have all the different localizations for openoffice, but there have been
reports that the current localized PBI's do have a couple issues with
the desktop/menu icons, but the program should work fine. We have been
trying to rebuild those PBI's, but the openoffice port itself also broke
in the meantime, so we have been waiting for that to get fixed as well.