[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] How to make a PBI with a combination of ports?

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Mon Feb 13 06:55:12 PST 2012

On 02/13/2012 06:09, Hakisho Nukama wrote:
> Am 13. Februar 2012 10:21 schrieb Jeff<dejamuse at yahoo.com>:
>> I don't think Easy PBI is setup to work with metaports since as you say
>> they're just a collection of dependencies.
>>
>> I couldn't find any metaport for Apache, PHP, and PhpMyAdmin, in any case.
>> I would have to make one.  I believe this is the way to do it:
>> /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/wanted-ports/
>>
>> I could build the PBI manually without using Easy PBI, but I'm lazy and I
>> figure other people will want to combine existing ports into a single PBI at
>> some point as well.
>>

>> ________________________________

Hakisho Nukama is correct,
If a program has an additional dependency that is not listed in the port
(or you want to simply package another port with the program)  you just
need to add that port to the PBI_MKPORTAFTER line in pbi.conf within the
module. EasyPBI is not setup to edit the pbi.conf file yet (it is on my
list of things to add) so you will have to do it by hand.

You may also run into programs that will not build as PBI's due to
missing build dependencies in the port, this can be solved the same way:
add the desired port to the PBI_MKPORTBEFORE line in pbi.conf in order
to ensure that the desired port is included with the main program before
the main program builds.