[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] Problem building PBI

Jeff dejamuse at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 11 02:21:33 PST 2012

I got tired of waiting for a PBI of PhpMyAdmin so I tried building the PBI myself.

I think part of the problem with this port is that it's marked "IGNORE" in Freshports because of a backwards compatibility problem with MySQL 4.1.

Now today I see that the older version of PhpMyAdmin that worked with MySQL 4.1 has disappeared - I sent an email to the maintainer about this and asking him to change the tag on this port.

In the meantime, building the port that works with MySQL 5.X gave me some heartburn:

This libgtop was compiled on FreeBSD 9.0-RC3 amd64
If you see strange problems caused by it,
you should recompile libgtop and dependent applications
Fetching FreeBSD chroot environment... This may take a while...
fetch: http://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/pcbsd//amd64/netinstall/fbsd-release.tbz: Not Found
fetch: http://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/pcbsd//amd64/netinstall/fbsd-release.tbz.md5: Not Found

Apparently that mirror is broken.  Was the mirror preselected according to my location (Thailand)?
How can I change the default mirror?

Also, since I'm using the released version of PCBSD 9, why is it listed as RC3?

....Jeff