[PC-BSD Pbi-dev] [CFT] pbi/modules/multimedia/mplayer

Ken Moore ken at pcbsd.org
Fri Feb 10 09:03:05 PST 2012

On 02/06/2012 11:40, Hakisho Nukama wrote:
> Attached a mostly working version of mplayer PBI-module with GUI.
>
> Use "tar -xvJf mplayer.tar.xz -C /usr/pbi/modules-devel/multimedia" to extract
> this module to /usr/pbi/modules-devel/multimedia/mplayer.
> And "pbi_autobuild -c /usr/pbi/modules-devel -o /usr/pbi/pbiout
> --tmpfs" to build it.
>
> This is a call for testing and improving this PBI.
>
> Best Regards
> Hakisho Nukama

Thanks for sending in the module! I just committed it to the build server.
I did make a couple changes:

You had created a custom wrapper script in
(module-dir)/resources/bin/mplayer.sh (which is fine, that is the proper
place to put it), but there are two additional steps to include the
wrapper script properly. First, you need to add an entry to the
external-links file for your script to be linked properly (linked into
(pbi-dir)/.sbin with correct path definitions and such). Second, you
also needed to adjust the desktop/menu entries to run the wrapper script
(change the executable in (module-dir)/xdg-[desktop or
menu]/mplayer.desktop)

Other than that, I just found a better version of the mplayer icon and
used that one (I try to use 64x64 .png with transparent backgrounds, I
have discovered that 32x32 is too small for general use in the AppCafe
without artifacting).

Other than that, it all looked good! Now to see if the PBI works...   :-)